Research shows that 36 million Americans have no teeth and 12 million missing over one tooth. Unfortunately, dental disorders can negatively impact your self-confidence.
Here’s the good news: you can combat dental issues and achieve a radiant smile by getting dental implants with The Marquis Procedure.
Choosing to get dental implants at The Marquis Center in San Antonio will restore your ability to smile and chew. But before you head to The Marquis Center, you should understand if you are a candidate for dental implants.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting dental implants to make your smile more attractive and boost your self-confidence:
A Quick Glance at Dental Implants in San Antonio
Dental implants refer to a procedure where proficient doctors replace damaged or missing teeth with functional and strong zirconia teeth.
Your doctor replaces tooth roots with metal, screw-like posts that enter your jawbone and form the foundation of a bridge or full arch.
Who Needs Dental Implants?
You might need dental implants if:
- You have one or more missing teeth
- You wear dentures
- You want to improve your jaw
- You want a picture-perfect smile
- You have moderate to severe periodontal disease
- You have bone loss
Why Get Dental Implants?
Dental disorders like missing teeth or poor oral health can shake your self-confidence and distort your self-perception. Dental implants can give you the self-confidence and boost you need to live your life happily.
Here is a look at the upsides of getting dental implants:
- Improves your appearance
- Alleviates your confidence
- Enable you to lead an active and happy lifestyle
- Enhance your ability to eat your favorite foods
- Help you correct speech problems
- Remove worries about teeth
Understanding Full Arch Dental Implants
The Marquis Procedure refers to a procedure where doctors use four to six dental implants to restore missing upper or lower teeth.
Dental implants are tiny titanium screws that the doctor surgically implants into your jaw. After that, the full arch dental implant fuses with the bone tissues to replace the roots lost due to a tooth loss. The implant then anchor dental prosthetics over which the doctor adds a full arch. In addition, they stimulate the tissues of your jaw and protect your jaw bone. The best part about choosing a full arch dental implant is that they will never shift or move. That way, it makes your smile look completely natural!
What Makes Full Arch Dental Implants Better?
Here’s a look at the top pros of getting full arch dental implants:
- Unparalleled Comfort- Full arch dental implants offer stability and comfort to ensure you can enjoy eating your favorite foods without the fear of the implant shifting or cracking
- Add Beauty to Your Smile- These implants improve your chewing and biting experience by giving you a full range of chewing motion
- Stronger and More Sustainable- Full arch dental implants are made from zirconia, and are stronger than natural teeth
- Prevent Degeneration- Getting a full arch dental implant can make your jaw healthier. After losing natural teeth, your jawbone starts to degrade. So, a full arch dental implant helps connect the upper and lower jawbones to mirror the look of natural teeth and stimulate the tissue of the jaw
How Do You Prepare for Getting Dental Implants?
In order to determine whether you need dental implants, you first come in for a complimentary consultation. Our doctors will assess the condition of your mouth and create a custom treatment plan. During your consultation our doctors will:
- Complete a dental evaluation: The initial step involves a CT scan.
- Review medical history: The next step is to tell your doctor about any medical conditions or medicines you take, including supplements and over-the-counter drugs. Furthermore, you must notify your doctor if you have any health conditions.
- Create a treatment plan: involves a detailed plan and of how The Marquis Center can restore your smile
Things Included In a Dental Implant Procedure in San Antonio
The dental implant procedure in San Antonio involves the following steps.
Appropriate sedation is given to make your procedure comfortable.
If remaining teeth need extraction, the doctor will remove them before starting the dental work.
The doctors makes holes into the bones to place the dental implants. Since the post serves as the tooth root, the doctors implant it deep into the bone.
After the implant is stable, the doctor places an abutment on the implant. It connects your implant to the full arch.
Surgery Time and Recovery
Dental implants require time to heal and recover.
How Long is the Recovery Time?
Most dental implants require less recovery time than expected. Most patients are back to work in less than one week.
You must avoid hard chewing foods and can use ice packs in case of swelling.
How Much Does a Dental Implant Cost in San Antonio?
The costs involved in the dental implant vary on the following factors:
- Quality of the bone
- Number of dental implants required
- Number of teeth that needs replacement
- Types of dental implants used
- Types of artificial teeth used
To receive a treatment plan and payment options, you can schedule a complimentary consultation.
Every treatment plan requires post-treatment care. Follow the steps to heal dental implantation effects.
Allow Your Jaw to Heal
After the implants are placed, the jawbone needs time to heal. You must take time to let it fuse with your implant.
Although you may feel little to no discomfort the next day, you must be careful while brushing.
Avoid Sticky and Spicy Food
Diet also plays a significant role after dental implantation. It is crucial to include soft meals and consume drinks while healing. You can eat soft meals such as milkshakes, protein shakes, yogurt, fruit smoothies, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes, smooth soups, ice cream, refried beans, and pudding. Moreover, you must avoid eating spicy and sticky meals such as pizza, burgers, rice, and popcorn.
Another crucial post-surgery care routine involves avoiding the use of tobacco. Such activities delay the recovery time and cause implant failure.
The Bottom Line
Dental implants are placed by a doctor into the mouth. The process involves drilling into the jawbone to place the teeth.
It is crucial to look after your dental implants to avoid infection. Regular brushing and flossing help avoid plague and bacteria and prevent gum diseases, and soft foods will allow your mouth to heal more quickly.
If you want a beautiful new smile with dental implants in San Antonio, visit The Marquis Center. We have experienced doctors who can help you replace their teeth in one day. Our dental restoration experts are with you at every step of the procedure to support and guide you.